Monday, February 15, 2010

My Name is Khan review by Asma

http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23463

By Asma/ Lahore

I just finished watching MNIK... I don't know whether I will be able to write my review or not but I tried ONLY FOR SHAHRUKH ...

I am totally SPEECHLESS.. A beautiful love story with a touching topic. Will definitely watch the movie again and again...It starts off as a movie but ends with a deep impact on u

Story: It revolves around an autistic man RIZWAN KHAN who went on his journey just to tell the President of USA that he is not a terrorist. His Wife Mandira (a Hindu woman & a mother of a son) marry him because of his innocence... And as the movie moves ahead it make you laugh And cry with Rizwan..It will lead you to the pain that Rizwan felt regarding the death of his son Sameer KHAN; who was killed only because his surname was KHAN

Performance:

Shahrukh : One can definitely become short of words when to describe Shahrukh’s performance but still I will try . His performance was OUTSTANDING. His way of talking, his body language, his eyes, his smile, his facial expressions... his each and every moment was MIND BLOWING. Shahrukh has done full justice to the character he played... RIZWAN KHAN; an autistic person. I believe that no other actor can portray Rizwan better than he did. He performed so fantastically that no one can deny falling in love with RIZWAN KHAN


Kajol: Back after eight years with Shahrukh .She has matured a lot as an actress as Mandira she has proved it. She performed with full honesty

Jimmy: as Zakir also did a great job..nice performance

Scenes/ dialogues

For me the most breath taking scene was the flood one where Rizwan went to save mama Jenny .Oh my God I was speechless .The most touching scene was when Rizwan talked about his son in the church & also when in front of the President .. both the scenes touched me so much that numerous tears rolled down my cheeks. The cutest scene was when Rizwan taught Sameer how to say his name .. not kan Khan KH …KH from the epiglottis. It shows RIZWAN intelligence .I don’t at all like the scene when Mandira told Rizwan to go away. How can a person tell his/her love to leave can’t really get it..

The best dialogue for me was “ Namaz jagah or logo ko dekh kr nahi parhi jati balke niyat dekh k parhi jati hai” meaning “you don't pray thinking whether the environment is suitable or not but you pray because its ur intention”

Music

The music is awesome. Each song holds a special charm in it. The theme music is outstanding. Sajda makes you join the couple in their celebration; Noor-e-Khuda makes u feel the intense pain Rizwan is going through; TERE NAIAN makes u lost somewhere in the beauty of the song & Allah Hi Reham makes your belief stronger.

Direction

Hats off to you Karan for making a beautiful perfect film..for me no mistakes at all.
A standing ovation to the whole team of MNIK from director to spot boy without whose efforts MNIK would have never been

Rating: 5/5 it’s a BEAUTIFUL film with a touching topic. And I will like to watch it again and again.

Shah my man you have proved it again
May Allah always bless you AMEEN

No comments:

Post a Comment