Wednesday, February 17, 2010

♥Tere naina tere naina tere naina re♥

http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23508

by Shallu/singapoer

Here's a few cents worth of my thoughts on MNIK! Just saw that reviews will be collated and posted on the blog, so thought of posting my review her as well! (:


♥Tere naina tere naina tere naina re♥
MNIK Movie review by Sharmiela/Singapore.
With Spoilers
http://superwoman-c.livejournal.com/117273.html#cutid1

My Name is Khan, and I'm not a Terrorist. Yes, I've met Rizvan Khan and we definitely can learn a thing or two about humanity from him. It's ironic that so much controversy and hatred surrounded the film before its release, when all it wants is to convey goodness. It has a lot of heart and humanity. I'm so proud MNIK has a deafening opening and has triumphed in every possible way. The Mumbaikars especially has stepped up and stood tall. I wish I was in India to watch the movie, because I heard the movie was welcomed in such fun and happening ways. I know it's a whole different experience watching movies in India. Here in the theatres, you find people of different races, age and sizes and I feel good about it, that Shahrukh and Kajol is touching across the horizons. My Name is Khan is beautiful in its simplicity. And now I'm thinking if I can write a review, justifying its wonders. (:

My Name Is Khan is Karan, Shahrukh and Kajol's baby. THE PRIDE OF INDIA. It's an ambitious theme to deal with but done with such senstivity and entirety. There were some really powerful moments I thought, pertaining to Islam and emotions. It's a complete and flawless experience and journey for Rizvan. Shahrukh was AMAZING as Rizvan and nothing less. His best and most challenging performance to date!!! His speech, body posture and movements.. I couldn't find Shahrukh in Rizvan, and you come out remembering Rizvan instead. It was downpour watching the movie that I eventually let my tears flow. Shahrukh's church scene, Kajol's field scene after the death of Sam, and Rizvan's love for Mandira were deeply moving. I undeniably have a soft spot for the altitude of one's love for another. How can someone love another so much? And it's not just MNIK but other movies as well. I can't help it! I shall sheepishly admit that my first few listens of Tere Naina made me cry and it did again, during the movie.

PS: AND IS IT JUST ME, OR WET SHAHRUKH DURING THE FLOOD SCENES SEEM TO COME RIGHT OUT OF KKHH'S GAZEBO SCENE?!!!! Where Shahrukh shakes water out of his hair and runs his fingers through them!!!! Oh, EVEN autistic Shahrukh is so irresistably charming and good-looking!


Kajol was her best self and I personally can never get enough of her screen time and chemistry with Shahrukh!! Shahrukh was too adorable in Kajol's proposal scene!! There's just sparks even without an eye connection, whether it was when Mandira tried to make eye contact with Rizvan at the salon OR the after-marriage scene! Hehe. It's a movie well done really, the cinematography was perfect and the performances were wonderful. Though I know we can expect the deleted scenes (like the guitar-playing) to be available on the directors' commentary.

It's an international film, and I want people from all walks and corners to be aware of Bollywood and to know Shahrukh Khan. I've realised that I came out from the theatre for RNBDJ and OSO feeling differently and this IS a different movie experience as well, all teary-eyed and awed. ((: Thank you Karan for this beautiful film, and the three dynamic trio for staying strong and tall amidst the lows.

Also, just to add on now that my thoughts are more settled, I do believe that the second half could have been better. We all love the first half, with Rizvan and Mandira's interaction. But the flood and the sudden stabbing while it was necessary, was a little too over the top for a film that felt so real and simple. It was 3/4 awesomeness and 1/4 omg-really? moments. We still love you Karan! (:


shallu.

No comments:

Post a Comment